Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 5 - Study is finished

Woke up at 10.50 AM, before the alarm rang at 11.15. This means my circadian rhythm is starting to shift. Great. 

Went to the university for the meeting with my supervisor:
I got an 8 (out of 10) for my master thesis. I handed in the slip of the internship and did the minor corrections on the thesis before I handed it in in print. It was finally finished.

It made me feeling stressed and sad again: me sitting in an almost empty university building behind a computer. Thinking this was the last time I would ever be sitting there logging in, the last time I would ever print anything on the university printers, the last time I had to take a look at every individual page to check it for flaws. Probably also one of the last times I would even enter the building. My life as a student is definitely reaching it's end.

I'm not very happy with the grade (8) although it is a good grade. I'm happier with the fact that I don't have to spend time on this study ever again. But even this feels very surreal. I just cannot believe it. All those years of stressing out, doing stupid things, dragging myself to this place, waking up wishing I had a different life or didn't want to wake up at all. The stress, the pain. Is it really over? Is change possible? Are good things going to happen? Someone pinch me please...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats with your title Master of Science Alexander! Let's eat and drink on it tonight.