Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 43 - Partying

Vacation was ok but not great. It rained a lot and the driving was too much for such a short holiday: a one week stay at a cabin took 4400 km's of driving.

When I returned home I noticed a big party week was going on in the town I live in. It was organised by the student societies to welcome new students and to gain new members. This is done every year. I decided to participate completely in the partying. It gave me a lot of energy to meet all kinds of new people. I laughed a lot and had interesting conversations.  I slept 4 hours a day all week and slept even less yesterday, when I returned home at 7.40. 

I had to get up at 11 today to get to my Rolfing appointment (see Day 12 - Painful massage).
The massage was painful and emotional. There were spots that lead to vigorous crying. I had no idea why. They triggered no particular memory but just led to a wave of tears rising in me.
This crying subsided after a minute and returned a few times during the session.
Clearing of emotional blockages? Sensory overload? Whatever you believe. I don't care. I just know what happened, and cannot explain why it occurred, but afterwards I felt good and strong, and that is the only thing that is important.

But, as you all can imagine: I am completely exhausted at the moment due to the booze and the lack of proper sleep. 
Therefore I will go to bed early tonight, probably around 22.00.

Such a shame life doesn't consist of partying each night. That would be so great.
But there's nothing I can do about it, the party week is over and you cannot party all day forever. There are things that need to be done.

But I really miss it, allready.... 

No comments: